- Samoo – A special delicacy of ground pork and a whole bunch of special herbs, from the Ubon area. Nam’s mom made a pot of it for us a few days ago, and she’s the only person we know who can make it.
- Sukiyaki-sliced beef we found at the local Tesco. I fried it in butter/sesame oil with garlic and sprinkled with coarse ground salt, pepper, and kaffir lime.
- Deep fried tabtim (hybrid tilapia, pink/orange in color). They fry these (and any other fish) up for you at Tesco.
- Tom Ka Gai, spicy/sour chicken soup with coconut milk
- Thai version of a mixed salad with local tubers, pumpkin, and fresh tomatoes
(Thanks to everyone who wrote congratulations – we miss you all!)
5 thoughts on “2nd Anniversary Dinner (at home)”
OOOIIISSSHHHIIISSSOOOO ! Maji de tabetai wa—–(wanna eat!)
I would have gotten In and Out Burgers, chocolate shakes, french fries (animal style with extra sauce)for your anniversary (like I do for mine!) but I suppose your Happy Meal, Thai-style, will have to do.
Awesome! I am Happy for you both…er, all 3 of you.
Tom kha gai has become one of my favorite things in the world, along with panang curry, from my favorite Thai place (conveniently located just 2 minutes from my apartment). Does Nam know how to make it?
> Does Nam know how to make it?
She made the one in the picture. Yum.
Panang is super easy, too. Nobody makes the paste used as base by themselves.
Congrats dude! WOW!! Has it already been 2 years?!?! Crazyous. I’ll have some Samoo, please.