- Samoo – A special delicacy of ground pork and a whole bunch of special herbs, from the Ubon area. Nam’s mom made a pot of it for us a few days ago, and she’s the only person we know who can make it.
- Sukiyaki-sliced beef we found at the local Tesco. I fried it in butter/sesame oil with garlic and sprinkled with coarse ground salt, pepper, and kaffir lime.
- Deep fried tabtim (hybrid tilapia, pink/orange in color). They fry these (and any other fish) up for you at Tesco.
- Tom Ka Gai, spicy/sour chicken soup with coconut milk
- Thai version of a mixed salad with local tubers, pumpkin, and fresh tomatoes
(Thanks to everyone who wrote congratulations – we miss you all!)