I first felt the baby moving a few weeks ago. Nam first felt it a month or two ago; it’s apparently hard for a first-time mother to tell movements of the fetus apart from digestive and other normal movements. Now, though, there is no mistaking it; he wakes his mom sometimes by moving around so much.
- Sometimes if you tap or pat lightly, he taps back from the inside.
- He grooves to a good beat and seems pretty chill when something soft is on.
- Sometimes when I sing him a song, he pounds the walls for an encore. (So far one little, two little, three little Indians is his favorite even though I tell him the PC version should be counting Native Americans. He replied “I likes me a good curry.” What the hell does that mean? How the hell does he know a good curry from a bad one?)
- His favorite TV show so far is The Shield, he likes to watch Vick Mackie kick ass.
- He pretty much hates that Baby Einstein stuff – dancing dolls and teddy bears are for girls, he says.