Yesterday was a paradox of bad things that would have been a lot worse if not for little blessings:
- A big dog came running after me – but there was a big rock on the ground next to me, and I don’t play to lose in a country that doesn’t vaccinate
- Our right rear tire blew out on the highway – but we were only going 60kph, and there was a tire store 200 yards up the road
- Nam locked us out of our house – but her sister, who lives fifteen minutes away, just happened to have a key
- I stepped on a dog turd – but it was the “perfect” consistency (not wet enough to stick and not dried out enough to crumble and generate the dreaded Doggy Doo Dust)
- The water supply for the entire neighborhood got shut off – but there was water left in our auxiliary tanks, and taking bucket baths on the lawn was refreshing
4 thoughts on “Counterbalance”
ANOTHER BALANCE: 1. the rubber broke, but you
were in the wrong hole. 2. the draft beer sold
out and green gaijins became half price. 3. a
black cat ran past you, then was shot dead by
the L.A.P.D. 4. the capsule you swallowed before boarding the plane burst in mid-flight,
but it was full of ajinomoto.
Alcohol + Internet = No need for plastic shoyu fish to get kicks!
In that last scenario, you might FEEL like you’re gonna die from the MSG high.
Oh, and by the way, I heard a rumor about people eating cats in a town close to here – full report to follow.
Plastic shoyu fish? Do I want to know what this is about?
Yoda asks if you’re going to eat cat or just be a curious cat. In Oriental Medicine, cat meat may not be a good, healthy food for your constitution. MeOW!
Come on now! We all want to know about the
plastic shoyu fish!! Even Mick Jagger’s
interested in hearing about ’em.