It’s one in the morning and we all just got back from seeing Star Wars, in English, three minutes from our house in Sarakham. That was pretty special. Overall, I liked it, and Max did, too. It was a little bit loud and scary for Mina (she’s only six).
A couple of notes:
- I didn’t like the opening shot (it looked like crappy cgi)
- It felt very Lord of the Rings-ish at times
- I appreciated some of the atmospheres and small details like screen wipes that evoked the crudeness of the original
- The girls were disappointed that Kylo wasn’t handsome
- Fuck, I’m old.
- Star Wars got its mojo back