Thailand’s True Move H APN settings for internet

Truemove-apn-android

So basically create a new APN with the following settings:

Name: TRUE-H INTERNET

APN: internet

User name: true

Password: true

MMC: 520

MNC: 00

APN type: internet

Personally, I think anyone using MMS in this day and age should just give up and go back to using a typewriter, so I won’t cover that.

You can find device-specific info on the True page from which I borrowed the above graphic: http://www.truemove-h.com/helpsupport_apnsettings.aspx

True seems dedicated to the curious corporate tactic of changing the location of any helpful information on their website every few months, to the point where I can no longer find it. Anyway, the settings described above are still valid as of February 27, 2014.

This entry was posted in Thai Society/Culture, Toys & Tech. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Thailand’s True Move H APN settings for internet

1. Megan says:

I’ve done all that but still have no data connection. What am I doing wrong? Using Android on LG G2

• Justin says:

Did you subscribe to a True H data plan and activate it?

After setting the APN, try restarting your device and let it sit for a few minutes.

Disable WiFi and enable mobile data (specifically for your True SIM card if you have dual SIM device) in Android. Try restarting again.

The surest way to get it working (if you can’t figure it out yourself) is to take it to a True service center; they’ll be happy to do it for you.

Good luck!

2. Megan says:

I’m thinking my phone may not have the right frequency.
    How do I subscribe to a plan? And how do I activate? The SIM came with 20Mb of data.

• Justin says:

You need to determine if your phone can use mobile internet with TRUE or not. Setting an APN as described in this post is a couple of steps down the line. Without knowing the exact model of your phone and SIM, I cannot help you. However, the staff at a TRUE service center can – please take your phone to them and they will let you know what’s up.

3. wai yi says:

Hi
    I am using 3g but how i can change E to H connection on my lenovo a3000 device.
    Thanks

• Justin says:

I’m pretty sure the E indicates you are NOT using 3G. Make sure your phone can use the correct 3G frequency for your cellular network (check the phone specs against TRUE/DTAC/1-2 CALL/AIS/etc. specs), or it will use 2G by default. That happened to me with my old Desire HD – it didn’t have the right radio to use DTAC 3G.